Friday, May 19, 2006

Modeling

It is really rough being a model. Standing straight all the time, mastering the turns, having all that good will for world peace! Good God it is exhausting! As I sit here typing, with my hand on my hip!, I am trying to contemplate why would anyone want to be a model?

In my devotions this am I read 2 Thess 3.9 where Paul says that he made himself a model to be followed. Why does God choose to use broken and fallable human beings as models of godliness? Wasn't Jesus' incarnational life enough? or is it that there needs to be an incarnation into the life of every person who longs to be molded into Christ's image? And if so, why does anyone want to be in ministry? Isn't it just setting yourself up for frustration and failure?

I mean - when was that last time YOU felt up to the task of being a model?

No comments: