Monday, October 20, 2008

Shotgun - sighting in the the Beast


NOTES FROM THE FIELD:

Okay so I bought a new scope. I want to site this bad boy in but the task is daunting. The idea of shooting a dozen or so shots throught that 870 Remington 12 gauge while trying to find the paper makes me want to cry. I bore sighted the beast. (I call it that because it kicks like a horse- pushing out those 1 1/4 ounce slugs!) Still couldn't get it on paper at 50 yards. It took me 25 shots to hit the 10 on the target. Tonight my shoulder is hurting pretty badly.

I think of the spiritual lesson here. We often put off doing the necessary thing because it will blow back on us and bring us personal pain. Our integrity has to drive us to the point of obedience- facing the confrontation, taking the hit, making the hard decision. There is a demand to follow through with our prayers of devotion.

No comments: